Sales, Marketing, Production, Productivity, Process improvement, Problem solving, OEM, Automotive, Coaching, Team Management, Leadership, Innovation, Sustainability, Taguchi, 5S, Genbutsu Genba, Evaluation, Business Development, Risk Management, Dealer Network Management, Store Management
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS :
- Management & Engineering based approach & Business Development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coach people, lead teams and network.
- Organization establishment, development, re-organization, performance follow-up.
- Structural and analytical approach for problem solving. Talk with data.
- Rapid and efficient decision making abilities.
- Negotiation and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing abilities, PDCA method under discipline of Japanese Culture.
- Creative, result oriented, self-motivated. A self starter.
- Open to innovation, following technological developments.
- ISO-9001, ISO-14001, OHSAS 18001 based management.
- Strong presentational skills. Ability to communicate and influence with customers.
EDUCATION / SKILLS:
1977 ~ 1984 : Hacettepe University, Engineering Faculty, Chemical Engineering-Eng. / Ankara / Turkey (BSc)
1974 ~ 1977 : Çağlayan Lisesi / Antalya / Turkey – (High School)
Languages….: English (Business proficiency), Turkish (Native )
Computer …..: All MS-Office applications, Outlook, Oracle-NetSuite, Pastel, SAP, Internet…
2017/01 –Present : Managing Director
NL LTD – NAIROBI, KENYA.
- Reporting to board.
- Managing all activities in the company.
- Setting the short, mid and long term strategies.
- Making daily, weekly schedules of departments. Following up realizations.
- Preparing of Business Improvement plans.
- Marketing and branding activities.
- Standardizing operations of the company.
2014 – 2016/12 : Sales Manager
YOKOHAMA-TURKEY ( www.yokohama.com.tr )
- Reporting to Sales Director.
- Managing all dealership activities, finding new dealers, improving existing, cancelling non-profitable ones.
- Setting-up monthly campaigns, managing under invoice discount and premium system.
- Performance, profits, sales, debt, guarantee letters of 150+ dealers are followed and visited in priority order.
- Preparing of Business Improvement plans for future.
- Marketing and branding activities.
2012/06 – 2014 : Assistant General Manager / Business Developer.
GEOPLAS ( www.geoplas.com.tr )
- Reporting to General Manager / Head of Board.
- Re-Organization of the company for institutionalization.
- Optimizing the cost and performance and profit increase projects.
- Follow defect and scrap rate, take countermeasures, actions.
- Setting up the working standardization and follow up all relations for info flow in the company.
- Setting up bar-code system from orders to shipment, including production steps.
- Authorization table for staff was prepared and put in to operation.
- Managing the Product and Service marketing activities in all related sectors and customers.
- Defining the policies and strategies for future of the company.
- Customer risk analyses and risk ranking.
2011/02 – 2012/06 : Consultant, freelance. (www.onderyildiz.com)
- Re-Organizations of the companies for better performance. (Ex: Hepta Group)
- Trainings of sales, marketing, brand management. ( Ex: Hepta Group, Mirsan)
- Establishing foreign capitalized companies and set up organization
(Ex: West Marine, EVT Automotive)
2009- 2010/11 : OEM Sales Senior Manager ( Cooperated Sales )
BRISA – Bridgestone Sabancı Tire Company. (www.brisa.com.tr)
- Reporting to Assistant General Manager in Brisa ( Istanbul) and OE-General Manager in Bridgestone-EU (Brussels)
- Managing Commercial relations with 20 top OEM such as Renault, Fiat, Ford, Mercedes, Hyundai, Karsan, Otokar, Turk Traktor, TIRSAN, etc.
- Managing about 150 mn. USD sales budget and more than 2 million tires / year.
- Price determination and offer to customer, managing negotiation process based on profitability policy of the company.
- Coaching sales crew including sales chiefs and Office people and keeping hi-level relations with other related departments in the company for on-time production / shipment.
- Preparing mid-term / Long term business plans, making sales plans for next year(s) and hi-precise sales monthly forecast for better production and labor managing.
- Proposing the Improvements of price updating on on-going business based on profit reports.
- Following new OEM projects and take place at start-up with technical & commercial processes.
- Making researches for OEM forecasts of the production and sales of OEM industry. Also trend forecasts of new models, like rim / tire size change.
- Following / forecasting market share in current and new models.
- Making researches about OEM fitment satisfaction effect on car buyers, how they behave on replacement process.
2007- 2009 : Regional Sales Manager / Istanbul (Istanbul & 12 provinces)
2002- 2007 : Regional Sales Manager / Izmir (Izmir & 13 provinces)
BRISA – Bridgestone Sabancı Tire Company (www.brisa.com.tr)
- Reporting to Sales Director / Assistant General Manager.
- Managing the annual sales revenue 56 mn.USD (2006) in Izmir region, during the period.
- 45 non-profitable dealers were cancelled, 25 new dealers in which most are from competitors, were opened.
- Managing the annual sales revenue 75 mn. USD (2007) in Istanbul region.
- 100+ dealers located in each of district were under responsibility to be followed closely.
- Coaching sales crew including sales chiefs (5) and merchandising team. (5)
- Preparing of Improvement plans for sub districts ,
- Regional / National sales campaigns were prepared / applied and the result / evaluation is followed, reported.
- Proposing the Improvement plans of dealers, steering their investments & growth were done for each sales point, once a year.
- Interviews were done frequently, with sales chief candidates directed by or to HR.
- Setting of Dealer Sales encourage & loyalty system which is updated each year.
- Taking place at Alternative Sales Point development, i.e. Performance Point, Oto-Pratik shops and services which are new channels for the country.
- Following market share of the brands ( Lassa, Brisgestone ) and competitors’.
- Following Competitors price policy, campaigns, marketing activities. Take countermeasures.
- Evaluation of Customer, Dealer behavior researches. Proposing countermeasures if necessary.
- New payment methods ( credit card, DBS ) were linked to company web sites for orders done by dealers.
- Dealer Credit ranking system were established and integrated to accounting software for easy, quick and safe sales with term, to dealers.
- 1999-2002 : Regional Sales Chief / West Med. (Antalya, Burdur, Isparta)
- BRISA – Bridgestone Sabancı Tire Company
- Reporting to Regional Sales Manager
- Managing quoted inventory among dealers, after shortage due to earthquake (1999-Izmit)
- To follow & lead dealers during 2001 economical crisis to safe company receivables.
- Sale lost was recovered after 1999-earthquake shortage and economical crisis period.
- To implement targeted sales amounts, Regional campaigns were planned and applied.
- Managing 30 dealers, opening new ones, cancellation of non-performing ones were done.
- Warning the technical department about un-expected tire defects.
- Competitor activities followed, reported regularly for true competition.
- Sales & Service employees of dealers were trained, internally.
- Fleet & Key Account business development were followed closely.
1988-1999 : Tire Process Engineer – Curing, Mixing & Extruding / Plant Technical
BRISA – Bridgestone Sabancı Tire Company (www.brisa.com.tr)
- Reporting to Plant Technical Manager.
- Preparation of Production Specifications & Application Standards for process areas.
- Support to production to prevent defective material occurrence.
- Cost & Man saving projects were designed and applied.
- Productivity increasing activities were done like; batch size optimization.
- Auditing of PETKIM, Carbon Black supplier to Brisa, several times as supplier auditor.
- Activities, meetings of Japanese Advisors in process areas were coordinated.
- Process specification system was improved for better functionality. Shop Floor project
was started. Structure was set.
- Mould cleaning material was changed from sand to ceramic bead to prevent early wear
of moulds, so mould life was increased by 20%.
1986 ~ 1988 TSP ( Triple Super Phosphate ) Production Chief
BAGFAŞ Bandıma Chemical Fertilizer Co. / Bandırma / Turkey (www.bagfas.com.tr)
- Reporting to Production Director.
- Produce planned production, 660 tons/day, with 32 union-member workers in 7X24X365 working plant.
- Schedules for maintenance of the plant were prepared, organized periodically.
- Man power and shift / Crew schedules were prepared and issued each week.
- New methods were improved to shorten the maintenance time.
TRAINING PROGRAMMES and CERTIFICATES:
- Inner tube & flap technologies, Bridgestone plants in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Green tire painting, auto valve applications & equipments of tubes, Taipei, Taiwan
- Mixing & Extruding technologies and problem solving trainings, Bridgestone Amagi Plant, Japan.
- Market penetration of new products, Bridgestone Thailand Plant, Training Center.
- Advanced marketing and sales techniques, Bridgestone Proving Ground Rome, Italy.
- Advanced marketing and sales techniques, Yokohoma Proving Ground, Sweden.
- Tens of trainings, seminars has been taken and certified in/by Brisa. Some may be classified as communication, humanity, problem solving techniques, sales & marketing, management, finance, leadership, etc.
- Military Service …..: Completed as 2nd lieutenant (1984 ~ 1986)
- Driving License ……: B and A2, Passenger car and Motorcycle.
- Hobbies ………………: Photography, Sailing, Riding motorbike.
- Licenses………………: Amateur Seaman, Scuba Diving, Short Distance Wireless operation for Marine.